Like almost everyone else in the world, when we are going through something one of the ways that we get through is by listening to music. That is very much so with Christians as well. Today, I am going to share with you some of my favorite songs I listen to for worship, praise or just when I want to feel even more upbeat and dance like David danced when bringing home the Ark of the Covenant. Music to me is very helpful in times when I don’t feel like worshiping, you know – when you are in the middle of the trail and you have done all that you can do and you are waiting on the Lord to make the way possible? Yes, those are the times we need to worship the most and those are the times we hesitate to do so. Music is that vehicle to refocus on Him who is greater and remind me that He will never leave me nor forsake me.
There is no order for this list but I hope these songs will bless you as they have blessed me over the years. Enjoy.
- I Bless Your Name – The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
- I ‘m Not afraid – Fred Hammond
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) – Hillsong UNITED
- Our God – Chris Tomlin
- Take My Hand – Fred Hammond
- Come to the River – Rhett Walker Band
- Worthy is the Lamb – The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
- Silver and Gold – Kirk Franklin
- When Mercy Found Me – Rhett Walker Band
- They They Wait – Fred Hammond
- My Life is in Your Hands – The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
- Why We Sing – Kirk Franklin
- That’s Why I Praise You/For Every Mountain – The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
- When the Spirit of the Lord – Fred Hammond & RFC Choir
This is just a short list of the many songs that I listen to. I wanted to share them with you so that you may find that song that resonates with the Holy Spirit and send you into some awesome worship and praise.
I pray you all have a fabulous weekend, stay safe and see you again on Monday.