Instead of showing you what is not finished, I will show you what is.
I finally finished the cowl that I made for my mom. I adapted the patter a bit. The cuffs is just a simple repeat of the pattern of the cowl. I added some buttons to the cuffs in her favorite color, green, just to give it a pop of color. I don’t know if I should add buttons to the cowl as well since she may not want to wear the cuffs with it all the time. But here are some pics of the finished piece. It hasn’t been blocked as yet.
I am also making some skullies for my dad to cover his shiny dome. 😀 This is the first of the two designs that I am going to send to him.
While I was making his skull cap, I found something very disturbing. I didn’t notice it before when I opened the box last week but I did last night. I saw this before I even started on the pattern:
Then while I was in the middle of the hat, I saw this:
And after I finished and sewed in my tails, I saw this monster of a knot:
All of these were in the same ball of yarn. I am afraid to open the other two. As small as this ball was, there shouldn’t be this many knots at all. This is ridiculous! This isn’t my first time witnessing ugly knots in Red Heart yarn. Usually I will see one int the Super Saver…that’s over 300yrds of yarn! This small little bundle had three! That is a bit too much.
Anyways, I am off to go do some housework and start some laundry. Been a bit lazy the last couple of days but it has just been too hot to do anything. So now that it is cloudy and raining, I am going to take advantage of this cool front and tackle some chores.
Y’all have a great Wednesday and God Bless!